From paper to plastic products, or floors to restrooms, the key to a good foodservice experience is in the details! Check out our 3 tips to leave a lasting impression on your customers.
Choose Environmentally Friendly Packaging Options
It’s no surprise consumers are making the effort to choose environmentally sustainable products, and support businesses that do. Here are our top tips for choosing environmentally sustainable foodservice products that’ll help give customers a positive impression of your business:
- It’s all in the material: Choose products made from recycled materials to reduce raw material use and waste that would otherwise end up in landfills.
- Consider end-of-life management: When choosing plastic food packaging, add widely recyclable products to your assortment to help meet your sustainability goals. Look for a product’s resin code, which indicates the type of plastic it’s made from and how commonly accepted it is for recycling. Download our Sustainable Packaging Playbook for a helpful guide on decoding plastic resin codes.
- Compostable vs. Biodegradable: Biodegradable materials are organic materials which can be broken down into carbon dioxide, water and biomass. Compostable materials are those that can break down into compost, a nutrient-rich substance. Choosing products that are 100% compostable, recyclable or reusable is a great way to help reduce your environmental footprint.
Tackle Key Cleaning Areas
Facility cleanliness has a lasting effect on how people see a facility. Ensure your cleaning routine is hitting these key areas:
- Restrooms: Studies show that 70% of people will avoid a business where they had a poor restroom experience. Service restrooms regularly to ensure product and cleanliness levels are optimal.
- Ovens and range-hoods: Say goodbye to grease build up! These areas quickly build up soils and grease, which require regular cleaning with specially formulated cleaning chemistries. Be sure to choose a cleaner that is specially-made to tackle these soils.
- Floors: Floors can spread bacteria too! Ensure floors are regularly cleaned to keep them healthy and looking their best.
It’s All in The Details!
Foodservice businesses need products they can count on, right down to their condiment cups. Harvest® Paper Products* are all natural, compostable and made from renewable resources. These products have tightly rolled rims – giving them the stability to work for a variety of applications. Want to learn more? Download this sell sheet* or contact our product experts today.
* If you require a more accessible version of this guide, please contact us and we’d be happy to help.