The next generation of food packaging is here! Genpak has partnered with Danimer Scientific to produce GenZero™ eco-friendly food service products, the first food packaging solution using Nodax™ PHA. This food packaging is biodegradable, leaving a smaller environmental impact when composted. Check out the benefits of eco-friendly food service packaging and how it is created.
What is PHA Food Service Packaging?
PHA production starts with Canola seeds which are pressed for their oil. The oil is then fed to soil bacteria in a controlled fermentation process in which PHA is extracted using a solvent-free separation process and is then pelletized for conversion into food service products such as containers, plates and bowls.
Once the packaging is ready to be discarded, they can be composted and will biodegrade naturally leaving no toxic residue.
Benefits of GenZero™ food service products
Check out the benefits of using eco-friendly food service products:
- Allows for safe and secure food handling
- Microwave safe
- Backyard and Industrial compostable
- Annually renewable resources
- Prop 65 compliant
- Will eventually biodegrade (Biodegradable)
- Won’t get soggy when used with foods with a high moisture content
- No petrochemical additives of any kind
- Does not leave a toxic footprint when composted
Contact us to learn about our sustainable food packaging options.