Post Secondary Campus Disinfecting Protocol
Post-secondary campuses are high-risk areas for flu, norovirus and other viral outbreaks. The high volume of people that come through university and college doors means that there are a lot of touch points like desks, handrails and door handles that can all harbour and spread harmful bacteria.
Bacteria can spread quickly across campuses, leading to high infection rates that can cause faculty and student absences, and in extreme cases can even lead to campus closures. Facility maintenance staff have the difficult job of trying to keep up with disinfecting a multitude of surfaces that cover thousands of square feet, while also keeping up with their regular cleaning duties.
Some best practices to follow for optimal disinfection include:
- Always following the manufacturer’s PPE recommendations. This may include wearing protective gloves or masks when using concentrated disinfecting chemicals
- Wipe down surfaces to remove debris and soil
- Wash hands often and use hand sanitizer
At Bunzl Canada, we take cleaning and hygiene seriously. That’s why we turn to the Clorox® Total 360® for easy-to-use and effective disinfecting in large facilities. The Clorox® Total 360® is perfect for disinfecting at post-secondary campuses because it:
- Saves time: Works up to 4x faster*
- Saves labour: Covers up to 18,000 square feet per hour
- Saves money: Uses up to 65% less solution*
* Compared with a trigger spray.
Learn more about how to keep your campus healthy with the Clorox® Total 360®…