When choosing the right matting solutions, you’re faced with the decision – to rent or buy? Entrance matting is crucial for protecting facility floors to keep them looking their best. They also significantly reduce the risk of slips and falls by catching any excess water, dirt and debris before they create a slipping hazard.
So, how to decide whether to rent or buy? While rented mats can have lower upfront costs, in the long run, purchasing matting is actually more cost-effective and versatile. Here are the top four reasons to consider buying entrance matting:
- More Options: Every facility’s needs are different. Purchased mats can be custom made to fit facility needs and come in a variety of sizes, shapes, backings and colours. Choosing matting that’s the right fit can leave a better impression on your customers and provide better floor protection.
- Easier Maintenance: Purchased matting can be easily cleaned as part of daily cleaning routines, whereas rental matting must be transported and laundered. In-house cleaning gives facility managers more control over their facility’s appearance and requires fewer resources than off-site cleaning services.
- Functionality and Safety: Purchased mats are often more effective at stopping soil and dirt from being tracked into facilities than rental mats, which minimizes cleaning costs and damage to facility floors. In comparison, rental mats can have a limited soil capacity to minimize cleaning processing time for the rental company. Purchased mats can also have stronger anti-slip backings and accessories, which makes them less likely to flip due to wear and tear and less likely to cause tripping hazards.
- Cost-Effective: Ongoing rental fees add up over time. Purchasing matting is a one-time cost for mats that can be used for years, which is more cost-effective in the long term. Curious about the cost breakdown between renting or buying entrance mats? Ask us for a detailed breakdown of renting vs. purchasing mats in your facility.
Want to learn more about the differences between renting and buying matting? Check out this side-by-side comparison on renting vs. buying from Edgewood Matting.*
* If you require a more accessible version of this guide, please contact us and we’d be happy to help.