With the warmer weather rolling in, it’s time to start thinking about your facility’s spring cleaning plans. While this may seem like an overwhelming task, follow these helpful tips from Avmor® to get started:*
Don’t Forget to Clean These Areas!
Spring is the perfect time to give a little extra attention to these easy-to-miss areas of your facility. Consider allocating time for your cleaning teams to devote some extra attention to:
- Intake vents: These vents are often overlooked in cleaning routines because of their location. Dust and dirt build-up makes it harder for HVAC systems to circulate air effectively, increasing energy use.
- Vacuum Cleaners: When was the last time your facility’s vacuum was cleaned – including the hose, brushes, filters, roller brushes, connections, wheels and attachments? These areas get soiled too!
- Custodial Closets: Spring is the perfect time to clean out custodial closets. Be sure to replenish cleaning supplies, discard expired products and organize and deep clean cleaning tools.
- Shared touch points: Disinfecting high touch points helps to stop the spread of harmful bacteria at the source. Detail clean all shared surfaces such as finger-operated controls, touch points on chairs, shared phones and keyboards, pens and pencils, door handles, coffee pots and electronics.
- Restroom Partitions: When a urinal or toilet flushes, they can spray bacteria on nearby surfaces. Wipe down restroom partitions with a disinfectant or cleaner disinfectant from top to bottom to remove these germs.
- Light Fixture Covers: Light fixtures are often only cleaned when bulbs get changed, but they can hold a lot of dirt and dust. Cleaning light fixtures can prevent dirt and dust from becoming airborne, improving air quality.
- Vending Machines: Did you know vending machines are often ranked as one of the “germiest” surfaces in an office? While cleaning touch points on vending machines is often overlooked, it can help reduce the amount of bacteria in your facility.
- Carpets: While ice melt is one of the best ways to keep your facility’s walkways safe during the winter months, it can leave behind stains and residue on facility carpets. Spring is the perfect time to remove these stains to help keep your carpets looking their best. Learn more about how to remove salt stains on floors and carpets with Avmor’s descalers and neutralizing salt removers.*
- Docks and Dumpsters: Warmer weather means the return of rodent and insects. Consider using a microbial cleaning solution in combination with a handheld spray and foaming dispenser to help eliminate odours.
Revisit Cleaning and Maintenance Programs
It’s important to review your facility’s maintenance program and make adjustments based on your facility’s unique needs. Identify what’s working and where more attention is needed. Also, assess whether the products in your cleaning program need to be updated and if there are any new cleaning supplies or technology that could help address your cleaning and maintenance challenges.
* If you require a more accessible version of this guide, please contact us and we’d be happy to help.